- Goulson, D. 2009. Bumblebees: Behaviour, Ecology, and Conservation. Oxford University Press.
- Heinrich, B. 2004. Bumblebee Economics. Harvard University Press.
- Kearns, C.A. and J. Thomson. 2001. The Natural History of Bumblebees: A Sourcebook for Investigations. University Press of Colorado.
- The Xerces Society. 2011. Attracting Native Pollinators: The Xerces Society Guide, Protecting North America’s Bees and Butterflies. Storey Publishing.
Online Identification Guides:
- BugGuide Bumble Bee Images and Information (really helpful to peruse bumblebee images here when trying to determine specimen identity).
- Bumble Bees of the Eastern United States (most Texas species are featured in this guide).
- Bumble Bees of the Western United States (only a couple of Texas species appear in this guide).
- Illinois/Missouri Bumble Bee Field Guides (these guides will work well for Texas as eight of the state’s nine species are featured in these guides. Only the Sonoran bumblebee is absent).